Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 
BE HONEST

One of the attitudes in the Dance Your Life series is HONESTY. Good things happen to people who are HONEST. I don’t know if people are born with an HONEST gene, learn it as children or simply choose HONESTY over dishonesty in the moment.

Be HONEST with self ---
Sometimes it’s easier to be HONEST with others, than with ourselves, because we see ourselves through a distorted lens. For years I thought I was stupid. I was in my 30’s, standing in front of a mirror looking at myself, when the truth hit me like a thunderbolt. “I’m not stupid. I’m smart! All these years I have been believing a lie about myself.” It was a shock to suddenly see myself so clearly. That was the beginning of the end of the lies. I began to be very discerning what I believed about myself.

Be HONEST with others----
I have witnessed the damage lying does in relating to others. When you tell a lie, it is like shielding light from the sun. And the more lies you tell, the more the light is blocked.
I was in a relationship once where I saw the damage my lies did to my relationship. When I decided to be HONEST and tell the truth behind my lies, something dissolved between us and allowed the love and joy to flow freely again. That’s when I learned that if I wanted to dance my life, I had to stop lying.

If you follow my blog, I will reveal to you all the attitudes necessary to practice and master so you too can say, “Life is good. All is well. I am happy.”

Comments:
I am working on being more honest but I must confess, I still tell little lies from time to time.
 
Dear Anonymous,
Little lies from time to time erode your integrity. If you value integrity, you must act with integrity 100%. No one said it would be easy. But if it was easy it wouldn't be so valuable.

No one can steal your integrity away from you once you have earned it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?