Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 
BE KIND

One of the attitudes in the Dance Your Life series is KINDNESS. Good things happen to people who practice KINDNESS. Practice is anything you repeat over and over even if you are not aware that you are doing it. Do you know someone who is usually KIND? How do you feel when you are around them? How do you feel around someone who is unkind?

KINDNESS is one of the easiest attitudes to practice and master. Simply be mindful of how you are when you are around other people. Do you put others first or do you rush to put yourself first? When I approach a closed door alone, I open it myself. However, when I am with someone else, I pause, and allow the other person to act first. When they open the door and allow me to enter first, they are being KIND. When they open the door and rush through in front of me, they are being unkind. Such a simple gesture will tell you someone’s attitude if you are paying attention.

Attitudes are practiced in-group. In other words, if you know someone who is unkind, they practice like-minded attitudes. They are also unhappy, impatient, ungrateful. Why? Because attitudes are practiced in-group. At the other end of the spectrum, if you know someone who is KIND, they also practice being happy, patient, grateful and all the attitudes that are congruent with KINDNESS.

What kind of life are you living? What kind of people are you associating with? Because unkindness is practiced more than KINDNESS, there are lots of unhappy people in the world. I used to be one of them. But when I practiced unkindness, my life was dreadful! I didn’t know why my life was dreadful until some KIND soul made me aware that I was doing it to myself and I could change my life by changing my attitudes. So I did. Every day I consciously practice KINDNESS.

KINDNESS is a choice made each waking moment. Every day I consciously parctice KINDNESS. You can be KIND or not. The benefits are huge! Be KIND so you can dance your life!

If you follow my blog, I will reveal to you all the attitudes necessary to practice and master so you too can say:
“Life is good. All is well. I am happy!”

Comments:
A little consideration goes a long way.

More people need to watch "Pay It Forward."
 
Thanks for your comment, Ron. I have seen the movie: Pay It Forward. Loved it.
 
your blog is really good! very well written!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?