Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

BE RESILIENT

One of the attitudes in the Dance Your Life series is flexibility or being RESILIENT. You can’t expect to dance your life if you are inflexible, rigid, stubborn, unwilling to change. Those attitudes can keep you stuck in an unpleasant place, like stuck in grief, fear, anger, revenge or resentment.

Long ago, in a former life of marriage and children, I woke up one day and could not get out of bed. I had zero energy. I had no idea what was wrong with me. I was depleted. The short story is that within a year I lost my health, my marriage, my children, my home, but I had not lost my life. I was still breathing and I wanted to live. It took awhile, but I bounced back to life and moved on. I was RESILIENT.

If you become so devastated by an experience – death, divorce, business failure, illness --- that you can’t recover and get on with living, your inflexibility will cheat you out of your life. You could become the “walking dead”. To move on from an experience, good, bad or neutral, to the next experience life has to offer, is RESILIENCE.

Looking back, that excruciating experience was a turning point in my life journey, an awakening of my spirit. It set me in a new direction, a path that has led me to the life I live today, full of hope, health and joy. Be RESILIENT, so you can dance your life!


If you follow my blog, I will reveal to you all the attitudes necessary to practice and master so you too can say, “Life is good. All is well. I am happy.”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?