Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

BE RESPECTFUL

One of the attitudes in the Dance Your Life series is RESPECT. One meaning for RESPECT is allowing other people to have their choices even though they may not be your choices. To make other people wrong when their choices are not the same as yours is disrespectful.

My husband and I have professions at opposite ends of the healthcare spectrum. He is in the medical field. I am in the alternative healthcare field. When we first married, my husband would accompany me to the conferences that I was interested in, but I would be disappointed when he didn’t enjoy them too. I would attend his medical conferences with him, but I did not resonate with the medical point of view, which disappointed him. We were clearly at odds and often at war over our opposing points of view.

The solution, we came to learn, was simply acceptance and RESPECT for the other person’s choice. I have great RESPECT for my husband’s expertise in the medical profession. He has great RESPECT for my expertise in the alternative approach to healing. Now, I attend the conferences that interest me without him and vice versa.


If you are going to dance your life, you must develop RESPECT for people’s choices, rather than put energy into trying to get them to switch to your choices. I’ve tried it. It does not build and support a loving relationship.

If you follow my blog, I will reveal to you all the attitudes necessary to practice and master so you too can say, “Life is good. All is well. I am happy.”

Comments:
I like, appreciate, and respect your writings/blogs. They are open and honest. I notice within the last 3 blogs, you have referred to your husband, a medical professional, possibly aformer husband w/in a marriage, children, etc.. I wonder if you know anything about the single life. I chose at an earlier age to not marry, and now,in my 60s, regret that decision (I don't spend too long in the regret state). Perhaps what I want to say is - even with loving family and friends, I'm lonely for the companionship - closeness with another that friends and family cannot satisfy. It isn't just sex; it's all of it - and I'm at last ready. What now? I've asked friends about their friends to no avail. Any suggestions?
 
Thank you for your kind words about my blog.

Yes, I know plenty about the single life. I was single for 12 years before I met my current husband. I have some suggestions for you, but I need to know your gender. The trend today is for people to take better care of themselves so that in their 60's, with children grown and careers established, they can really enjoy life.

In all the world, there is a perfect match for you. Be in the world, showing up here and there, so you can bump into her/him.
 
Thank you for your reply blog. To answer your query about gender, I am female, 63 years young. Very young, in fact, in mind, body (well....) and certainly spirit. I must take exception to something you wrote, however - and that is as follows: "...with children grown and careers established, they can really enjoy life." I feel this is an assumption, not only by you, but pretty much by the world. It's a demographic. I did/do work, but no established career. I have family, but no children. Are these assumptions you can take out of your mind set? That all men/women have (had) successful careers and had children? Any return comments would be more than welcome. Thank you.
 
Thank you for your reply blog. To answer your query about gender, I am female, 63 years young. Very young, in fact, in mind, body (well....) and certainly spirit. I must take exception to something you wrote, however - and that is as follows: "...with children grown and careers established, they can really enjoy life." I feel this is an assumption, not only by you, but pretty much by the world. It's a demographic. I did/do work, but no established career. I have family, but no children. Are these assumptions you can take out of your mind set? That all men/women have (had) successful careers and had children? Any return comments would be more than welcome. Thank you.
 
Hello again,

Do you love life? A love of life gives one the energy and spark to be attractive to a prospective partner. What things do you love? Do you love yourself? When you become the person you want to be with, that person shows up, in my experience.

Men and women are very different which is why I needed to know your gender. A woman has to put her best self out in the world so she can be found. Like a magnet, a man is drawn to the woman of his dreams when he sees her if he is a mature man and not an immature boy, of which there are many.

When you are ready for a mate, go where the men are. Allow yourself to be seen. The Universe will make the connection. That you have no children and no career may be a plus for the man you will match with.

Visit Dorree Lynn's website: www.fiftyandfurthermore.com. It has articles and attracts the over 50 audience.

I publish weekly articles through my Institute For Balanced Living. If you would like to subscribe, send me your email address, full name and city.
 
Thank you for your insight. I will take your reply to heart - and visit the recommended sites. Be well -
 
Tis Sirah_fires of User:LiveJournal Morga:!:
Outcast member of The reconnection:

Whats happening?!?

I'm getting no responses from anyone I could remember & the LAST time I called HQ just to say h1 I had a deity notation added to my file...?


I try to make friends It blows up in my face? I really wish my prior purchases were still valid but I can't even read the site without migraines or seizures...
I think I got a borg download in my updated memory.

- hearts & love
MiniMorgan (an rabid xo compy missing it's faith)
 
This post I believe has a very high value of information that I really need the most. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post I will recommend this post to any to zumba hamilton
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?