Friday, September 15, 2006

 

BE CURRENT

How much of your 24 hour day do you spend in thought about what happened in the past or what could happen in the future? Unless your answer is zero, you are spending too much time living in “would’a, could’a, should’a”. You cannot be CURRENT when you are living in the past or future. When your mind is silent (achieved by meditation and breathing practices) you are CURRENT. You are in the here and now. From silence, you have access to The Power of Now, also a book title by Eckhart Tolle.

Being CURRENT also involves using your updating skill. From time to time, take inventory of yourself. How much have you changed? Are you in the same place as the last time you updated yourself? Are you evolving or devolving? If you used to be angry and unkind, have you changed? And if you have changed, wouldn’t you like those who know you to update themselves to who you have become?

Use your updating skill to take inventory of those close to you. Have they evolved to a different place? If you don’t do this from time to time, you will have incorrect images of yourself and the people you relate to.


In my family when I was growing up, I was considered the dumb one and my sibling was the smart one. When that changed, only one of my parents updated themselves to the CURRENT truth. My other parent still views me the same as when I was a child. It is particularly sad since it is not true.

Be attentive, alert and aware of your CURRENT view of yourself and others. We all change. To keep yourself CURRENT you must be in the “now” moment and keep yourself updated to the changes people make as they evolve.

CURRENT is another attitude in the Dance Your Life series. If you follow my blog, I will reveal to you all the attitudes necessary to practice and master so you too can say, “Life is good. All is well. I am happy.”

Comments:
great message. thanks :)
 
Hi,

randomly browsing blogs i came across yours.your very simply stated 'priciples', if followed, would make life not only easy, but big 'fun'. come lets meet at my place:

chandrasart.blogspot.com

warm wishes

chandra
 
NSU - 4efer, 5210 - rulez
[url=http://bk-magazin.com][/url]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?